PERL5LIB vs. httpd.conf

  • Jan Poslusny
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2005
      Hi modperl gentlemen,
      I am newbie in this list, but I have some experience with mod_perl. I
      use apache 1.3 with statically linked mod_perl 1.29 on Fedora Core III,
      i386. Now I started development of Apache::MyModule from scratch. I
      don't want to install MyModule.pm into standard perl directories now, so
      I want to install into /usr/local/myproject/...
      If I export the PERL5LIB to bash environment and then start apache with
      this environment, PerlModule Apache::MyModule in httpd.conf causes no
      problems. But if I don't export PERL5LIB into environment and try to
      declare exactly the same value via PerlSetEnv PERL5LIB
      "/usr/local/myproject/..." and then PerlModule Apache::MyModule, apache
      cannot start with error: Can't locate Apache/MyModule.pm in @INC...

      Where is the problem? I see only one workaround, to create symbolic link
      on /usr/local/apache/lib/perl directory, which is in @INC. But I would
      like to understand, what is wrong on PerlSetEnv PERL5LIB, and, of
      course, the clear way how to load modules on non-perl paths.

      Regards,
      pajout
    • Enno
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2005
        Why not just do that in your modperl startup script?

        use lib '/usr/local/myproject/...';

        Enno