Re: Mod_perl upload problem

    Message 1 of 2 , May 1 11:53 PM
      Bart Terryn wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I'm have been running mod_perl for a while now.
      > Current situation is:
      > -Win 2000 SP2
      > -Apache 2.0.47
      > -mod_perl 1.999.22
      > -Perl 5.8.3
      >
      > http conf:
      > Alias /mod_perl/ "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/mod_perl/"
      > <Location /mod_perl>
      > SetHandler perl-script
      > PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
      > PerlOptions -ParseHeaders
      > Options +ExecCGI
      > </Location>
      >
      > But all of the sudden I'm having problems with the file uploads from a form.
      > In the error.log file I find:
      > CGI open of tmpfile: No such file or directory

      Hmm, looks like a not very good diagnostics on the behalf of the CGI. Try
      to fix it to print the actual filename and submit the patch to Lincoln?

      > Note that those same forms gave no trouble before.
      > Don't know what switch did create the error.
      > My guess it is the installation of Perl5.8.3 (from a 5.8.1 version) and its
      > accompagning CGI v3.01.
      > Have also tried with the lastest 3.08 CGI module from CPAN
      >
      > I have reduced the error to the following form and its brother mod_perl
      > script.
      >
      > Note also that the script is running OK when placed in the cgi-bin folder
      > (no mod_perl). I know that is not a guarantee that it should work under
      > mod_perl, but still it is a nice indication.

      Check the username you are running Apache under. It may be the culprit
      (i.e. your mod_cgi is running under a different user id). Also refer to
      the CGI manpage how to explicitly set the TMP directory to something that
      you know that works.