Re: do is not working?

  • JupiterHost.Net
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26 12:21 PM
      Octavian Rasnita wrote:
      > Hi,

      Hello,

      > I have tried the following test script under mod_perl using
      > ModPerl::Registry handler:
      >
      > use strict;
      > use warnings;
      >
      > my $m = do "/usr/local/intranet/site/modules/markets.ini";
      > use Data::Dumper;
      > print Dumper $m;
      >
      > The program prints "$VAR1 = undef;" if I run the program running mod_perl.
      >
      > It prints fine the hash if I run it from command line.
      >
      > The file "markets.ini" is:
      >
      > {
      > 'var1' => 'value1',
      > 'var2' => 'value2',
      > 'var3' => 'value3',
      > }
      >
      > Do you have any idea what is wrong?

      perldoc -f do

      If "do" cannot read the file, it returns undef and sets
      the error. If "do" can read the file but cannot compile
      it, it
      returns undef and sets an error message in $@. If the
      file is
      successfully compiled, "do" returns the value of the last
      expression evaluated.

      So I imagine its permissions vs. environment :)

      Without error checking its hard to say, try what perldoc -f do says to
      do to get the status.