Can't find module

  • Octavian Rasnita
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 26, 2005
      Hi,

      I have seen the following error in the error log:

      [Tue Apr 26 14:44:53 2005] [error] Can't locate BMFMS.pm in @INC (@INC
      contains: /usr/local/intranet/site/modules /usr/local/lib/per
      l5/5.8.6/i686-linux /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.6
      /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i686-linux
      /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6
      /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl . /usr/local/intranet) at
      /usr/local/intranet/site/scripts/csv_arbitrage.pl line 9.\nBEGIN failed--co
      mpilation aborted at /usr/local/intranet/site/scripts/csv_arbitrage.pl line
      9.\n

      It gives this error in a script running under mod_perl rc5 (by
      ModPerl::Registry).

      If I run the program from a command line, the program finds that module and
      displays the results correctly.

      I have used --- use lib "/usr/local/intranet/site/modules"; --- both in the
      startup.pl file and in the script.

      But if I run it using mod_perl, it tells that it cannot find the module
      BMFMS.pm even though that module is there in that directory and has 755
      permissions.

      Thank you for your help.

      Teddy
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 26, 2005
        > But if I run it using mod_perl, it tells that it cannot find the module
        > BMFMS.pm even though that module is there in that directory and has 755
        > permissions.

        you need to make sure that all of the directories leading up to that module
        have the appropriate permissions as well. this is also most likely the
        cause of the problems in your other email.

        HTH