Re: [MP2] Using Apache::AuthCookie with $r->prev when login is a redirect to https

  • Barry Hoggard
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2005
      On Apr 5, 2005, at 3:00 AM, Torsten Foertsch wrote:

      > On Tuesday 05 April 2005 00:59, Barry Hoggard wrote:
      >
      > If I understood you properly you are redirecting the browser from a
      > HTTP
      > request to HTTPS. This involves browser interaction and is not an
      > internal redirect. prev() however works only with internal redirects,
      > e.g. $r->internal_redirect, ErrorDocument, CGI script emitting only a
      > "Location" header, ...
      >
      > Since HTTP is a stateless protocol there is no other way of maintaining
      > state then transferring information from the server to the browser and
      > back. This is what cookies are made for.

      Yes, that is correct. I was assuming I should put something into my
      session, but I wasn't sure where in the handling phase to do it.

      I am using Apache::SessionManager. What is the best place in the
      request lifecycle to do that session update? I haven't really used
      anything other than Access/Authen/Authz and Response handlers. Would
      this be a PerlFixupHandler or a PerlTransHandler, or is something else
      preferred?

      Barry Hoggard