mod_perl stops working

  • Jonathan Vanasco
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2005
      All of the sudden, on an apachectl restart, this started happening.

      Can't locate object method "boot" via package "mod_perl" at
      /System/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/Apache/
      Constants.pm line 8.\nCompilation failed in require at
      /webserver/sites/RoadSound.com/etc/startup-roadsound.pl line 36.\nBEGIN
      failed--compilation aborted at
      /webserver/sites/RoadSound.com/etc/startup-roadsound.pl line
      36.\nCompilation failed in require at (eval 2) line 1.\n

      I was pretty sure that it wasn't from anything i did to my code -- so
      tried reverting to previous working versions in svn. everything is
      broken now.

      does anyone have a clue what could cause this?

      It looks like some mod_perl 'thing' got corrupted?

      I checked, I'm running the latest public mod_perl, apache and libaprq
      on the latest mac osx 10.3 updates
    • Maxim
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1 2:20 AM
        Jonathan Vanasco wrote:

        > All of the sudden, on an apachectl restart, this started happening.
        >
        > Can't locate object method "boot" via package "mod_perl" at
        > /System/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/Apache/
        > Constants.pm line 8.\nCompilation failed in require at
        > /webserver/sites/RoadSound.com/etc/startup-roadsound.pl line
        > 36.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
        > /webserver/sites/RoadSound.com/etc/startup-roadsound.pl line
        > 36.\nCompilation failed in require at (eval 2) line 1.\n
        >
        > I was pretty sure that it wasn't from anything i did to my code -- so
        > tried reverting to previous working versions in svn. everything is
        > broken now.
        >
        > does anyone have a clue what could cause this?
        >
        > It looks like some mod_perl 'thing' got corrupted?
        >
        > I checked, I'm running the latest public mod_perl, apache and libaprq
        > on the latest mac osx 10.3 updates

        I had this problem, but already forgot how I solved it. :)
        AFAIR, it happens when you are using Apache 1.3 modules on Apache 2.
        Try adding

        PerlModule Apache2

        to the top of your apache configuration file.

        --
        Maxim Sloyko