Help in MP1 to MP2[Scanned]

  • Darryl Waterhouse
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2005
      Hi All,

      First time post to this list, hope this is relevant, and/or doesn't offend/upset anyone.

      I'm in the process of migrating from MP1 to MP2.
      MP1 was a static installation (performed by myself), and MP2 obviously under AP2 is the standard installation under RH EL 4 ES version.
      I've followed the migration guidelines as per instruction, but can sill only get my Handlers running under MP2 if I use the Apache::compat directive.

      Thing is, I want a clean running pacey system, and need to alleviate this problem.
      Now, I've adjusted the httpd.conf and other startup files as I've needed to, and the issue I have when attempting to fire up Apache is that is can't find Apache::Constants...
      Okay,  okay, I'm aware we now use the more granular distributed name spaces, and have tried to make adjustments accordingly, using APR:: and ModPerl:: where I need to.
      What I can't quite understand is *why* the handler is still looking for Apache::Constants?! Or more to the point, where do I look to find this out?
      It's my code, but trying to find out what calls whom is really annoying me!

      Can anyone please shed some light on this issue? Or even point me as to where precisely to look for this problem?

      I'm convinced it's something daft/stupid and I'll kick myself when it is fixed!

      Thanks in advance for any pointers.

      best regards,

      Darryl Waterhouse

      p.s. I'm not a beginner to AP1 or AP2, or compilation, or Linux, only MP2!!! And I'm utterly convinced I've misread or worse, overlooked something silly! :)

      ---
      Software Development Manager
      Orbis Monitoring Services

      t: +44 151 357 7800
      m: +44 7810 757546
      e: darryl@...

      Suite 3,
      Sycamore House,
      Lloyd Drive,
      Ellesmere Port,
      Cheshire,
      CH65 9HQ
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2005
        Darryl Waterhouse wrote:
        > Hi All,
        >
        > First time post to this list, hope this is relevant, and/or doesn't
        > offend/upset anyone.
        >
        > I'm in the process of migrating from MP1 to MP2.
        > MP1 was a static installation (performed by myself), and MP2 obviously
        > under AP2 is the standard installation under RH EL 4 ES version.
        > I've followed the migration guidelines as per instruction, but can sill
        > only get my Handlers running under MP2 if I use the Apache::compat
        > directive.
        >
        > Thing is, I want a clean running pacey system, and need to alleviate
        > this problem.
        > Now, I've adjusted the httpd.conf and other startup files as I've needed
        > to, and the issue I have when attempting to fire up Apache is that is
        > can't find Apache::Constants...
        > Okay, okay, I'm aware we now use the more granular distributed name
        > spaces, and have tried to make adjustments accordingly, using APR:: and
        > ModPerl:: where I need to.
        > What I can't quite understand is *why* the handler is still looking for
        > Apache::Constants?! Or more to the point, where do I look to find this
        > out?
        > It's my code, but trying to find out what calls whom is really annoying
        > me!

        Darryl, add:

        use Carp;
        $SIG{__DIE__} = \&Carp::confess;

        somewhere in your code (startup.pl?), and it will show you who wants those
        mp1 constants at the point of failure.