Re: Problem using tie with Apache::RequestRec in mod_perl/1.999.21

  • J Matisse Enzer
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2005
      Problem solved.

      You were quite right to ask for a test case.
      In trying to create a test case I found that a module buried deep in my
      application was messing up the file handle, and upgrading to a new
      version of that module (OLE::Storage_Lite) solved the problem. I did
      not actually figure out what the older version of OLE::Storage_Lite was
      doing wrong. :-(

      -Matisse

      On Feb 2, 2005, at 5:21 PM, Stas Bekman wrote:

      > J Matisse Enzer wrote:
      >> I am using a module that wants to tie to the Apache::RequestRec
      >> The following code works in mod_perl/1.99_12 but does not seem to
      >> work in mod_perl/1.999.21 - I simply get no output (no errors
      >> either):
      >> tie *FILE => $r;
      >> binmode(*FILE);
      >> Server info:
      >> Apache/2.0.52 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.52 OpenSSL/0.9.7d mod_perl/1.999.21
      >> Perl/v5.8.1
      >
      > Please define 'does not seem to work'. Preferrably using a simple test
      > case, that shows how it supposed to work.
      >

      > --
      > Stas Bekman JAm_pH ------> Just Another mod_perl Hacker
      > http://stason.org/ mod_perl Guide ---> http://perl.apache.org
      > mailto:stas@... http://use.perl.org http://apacheweek.com