Re: easiest way to build apache 1 w/ static perl, rewrite, and proxy

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2005
      Kevin Murphy wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > What's the preferred way to build Apache 1.3.33 with mod_perl 1.29,
      > mod_rewrite, and mod_proxy compiled in. (I happen to be using Mac OS X
      > 10.2 and perl 5.8.6, btw.)
      >
      > For some reason, while the mod_perl documentation is enormous, it is not
      > clear how to do this. (There is mention of an Apache "Configuration"
      > file being passed to Apache's "./configure" command, which puts me in
      > mind of somehow batching the ./configure switches, but I don't see
      > anything about this possibility on the Apache side.)

      the simplest way is to create a makepl_args.mod_perl file in your mod_perl
      source directory and let it handle building everything. for example

      APACHE_SRC=../apache-1.3/src
      DO_HTTPD=1
      USE_APACI=1
      EVERYTHING=1
      PERL_EXTRA_CFLAGS=-DAP_UNSAFE_ERROR_LOG_UNESCAPED
      APACI_ARGS=--enable-module=rewrite
      APACI_ARGS=--enable-module=proxy

      would build httpd with mod_perl, mod_rewrite, and mod_proxy with a few
      useful mod_perl things. see the INSTALL document in the apache (not
      mod_perl) sources for more APACI_ARGS flags.

      HTH