Re: make test failed on solaris 8

    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 2, 2005
      Tulan W. Hu wrote:
      > 1) Don't worry about the t/TEST -verbose t/apr/util.t anymore.
      > The problem went away after I removed all RC4 and rebuilt it.
      > don't really know what had happened.

      Cool.

      > 2) After you mentioned AAA, I thought about our private modules again.
      > By default, they use cookie to authenticate instead of userid and passwd.
      > Unless the browser is set no cookie accept, the uid/pass will be prompted.
      > So that I tend to think that it may not be issues for those failures.
      > My question is if I can setup it not to use cookies in the test cases or the
      > conf file.
      >
      > Our mp1 httpd.conf has
      > <directory /www/force/enter/uid/for/this/one>
      > AuthCookieName NoCookieUsed
      > AuthName "enter uid and password)"
      > AuthType BasiC
      > <limit GET POST>
      > require valid-user
      > </limit>
      > </directory>

      You mean some AAA bits of your global httpd.conf make it into
      t/conf/httpd.conf?

      > $ t/TEST -clean
      > $ t/TEST -verbose t/protocol/pseudo_http.t
      > ====error_log

      > starting method: run_access_checker
      > u/p: stas/foobar
      > finished method: run_access_checker
      > starting method: run_check_user_id

      So it fais the run_check_user_id phase, performed by:
      <IfModule mod_auth.c>
      # htpasswd -mbc basic-auth stas foobar
      # using md5 password so it'll work on win32 too
      AuthUserFile [...]/t/htdocs/protocols/basic-auth
      </IfModule>
      Require user stas

      (see the TestProtocol::pseudo_http entry in t/conf/httpd.conf).
      What's inside that file? Should be:

      stas:$apr1$qnKIk...$TRSGo5zlwo3LMc0R/iLWo/

      see if recreating it with:

      htpasswd -mbc t/htdocs/protocols/basic-auth stas foobar

      makes any difference.