easiest way to build apache 1 w/ static perl, rewrite, and proxy

  • Kevin Murphy
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2005
      Hi,

      What's the preferred way to build Apache 1.3.33 with mod_perl 1.29,
      mod_rewrite, and mod_proxy compiled in. (I happen to be using Mac OS X
      10.2 and perl 5.8.6, btw.)

      For some reason, while the mod_perl documentation is enormous, it is
      not clear how to do this. (There is mention of an Apache
      "Configuration" file being passed to Apache's "./configure" command,
      which puts me in mind of somehow batching the ./configure switches, but
      I don't see anything about this possibility on the Apache side.)

      Thanks,
      Kevin Murphy
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2005
        Kevin Murphy wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > What's the preferred way to build Apache 1.3.33 with mod_perl 1.29,
        > mod_rewrite, and mod_proxy compiled in. (I happen to be using Mac OS X
        > 10.2 and perl 5.8.6, btw.)
        >
        > For some reason, while the mod_perl documentation is enormous, it is not
        > clear how to do this. (There is mention of an Apache "Configuration"
        > file being passed to Apache's "./configure" command, which puts me in
        > mind of somehow batching the ./configure switches, but I don't see
        > anything about this possibility on the Apache side.)

        the simplest way is to create a makepl_args.mod_perl file in your mod_perl
        source directory and let it handle building everything. for example

        APACHE_SRC=../apache-1.3/src
        DO_HTTPD=1
        USE_APACI=1
        EVERYTHING=1
        PERL_EXTRA_CFLAGS=-DAP_UNSAFE_ERROR_LOG_UNESCAPED
        APACI_ARGS=--enable-module=rewrite
        APACI_ARGS=--enable-module=proxy

        would build httpd with mod_perl, mod_rewrite, and mod_proxy with a few
        useful mod_perl things. see the INSTALL document in the apache (not
        mod_perl) sources for more APACI_ARGS flags.

        HTH