Re: Creating a filter for all text/html files

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
      > I can try to guess the content-type from the filename (which is what
      > I'm doing now), but I'd prefer not to re-implement Apache's system for
      > deciding content types, and I'd also like it to Do The Right Thing for
      > CGI/mod_perl scripts, where you can't tell by the filename what
      > content-type they're going to output.

      in addition to what philippe said, Apache::Clean for mp2 should prove as a
      good example for you to follow:

      http://search.cpan.org/~geoff/Apache-Clean-2.00_4/

      see also the two articles on perl.com that talk about this particular module:

      http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2003/04/17/filters.html
      http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2003/05/22/testing.html

      HTH

      --Geoff
    • Scott Gifford
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2005
        "Philippe M. Chiasson" <gozer@...> writes:

        > Scott Gifford wrote:
        >> Hello,
        >> [...]
        >>
        >> I've got it working right now, but I'd like it to know the
        >> Content-Type that Apache would use for a document, so I can decide
        >> whether to filter it and so I can send a correct Content-Type header.
        >
        > $r->content_type should tell you that.
        >
        > http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache/RequestRec.html#C_content_type_

        [...]

        Geoffrey Young <geoff@...> writes:

        [...]

        > in addition to what philippe said, Apache::Clean for mp2 should prove as a
        > good example for you to follow:
        >
        > http://search.cpan.org/~geoff/Apache-Clean-2.00_4/

        Thanks very much! Both of these pointers were very helpful. I swear
        I tried looking at content_type and it didn't work, but it must have
        been a bug somewhere else, because it works perfectly now.

        Thanks again!

        ---ScottG.