Re: Creating a filter for all text/html files

  • Philippe M. Chiasson
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
      Scott Gifford wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > [...]
      >
      > I've got it working right now, but I'd like it to know the
      > Content-Type that Apache would use for a document, so I can decide
      > whether to filter it and so I can send a correct Content-Type header.

      $r->content_type should tell you that.

      http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache/RequestRec.html#C_content_type_

      > I can try to guess the content-type from the filename (which is what
      > I'm doing now), but I'd prefer not to re-implement Apache's system for
      > deciding content types, and I'd also like it to Do The Right Thing for
      > CGI/mod_perl scripts, where you can't tell by the filename what
      > content-type they're going to output.

      Yes, certainly a good idea not to do anything of the sort. Let Apache tell you
      that.

      http://gozer.ectoplasm.org/ F9BF E0C2 480E 7680 1AE5 3631 CB32 A107 88C3A5A5
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
        > I can try to guess the content-type from the filename (which is what
        > I'm doing now), but I'd prefer not to re-implement Apache's system for
        > deciding content types, and I'd also like it to Do The Right Thing for
        > CGI/mod_perl scripts, where you can't tell by the filename what
        > content-type they're going to output.

        in addition to what philippe said, Apache::Clean for mp2 should prove as a
        good example for you to follow:

        http://search.cpan.org/~geoff/Apache-Clean-2.00_4/

        see also the two articles on perl.com that talk about this particular module:

        http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2003/04/17/filters.html
        http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2003/05/22/testing.html

        HTH

        --Geoff
      • Scott Gifford
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2005
          "Philippe M. Chiasson" <gozer@...> writes:

          > Scott Gifford wrote:
          >> Hello,
          >> [...]
          >>
          >> I've got it working right now, but I'd like it to know the
          >> Content-Type that Apache would use for a document, so I can decide
          >> whether to filter it and so I can send a correct Content-Type header.
          >
          > $r->content_type should tell you that.
          >
          > http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache/RequestRec.html#C_content_type_

          [...]

          Geoffrey Young <geoff@...> writes:

          [...]

          > in addition to what philippe said, Apache::Clean for mp2 should prove as a
          > good example for you to follow:
          >
          > http://search.cpan.org/~geoff/Apache-Clean-2.00_4/

          Thanks very much! Both of these pointers were very helpful. I swear
          I tried looking at content_type and it didn't work, but it must have
          been a bug somewhere else, because it works perfectly now.

          Thanks again!

          ---ScottG.