[ANNOUNCE] Apache-HTTunnel 0.02

  • Patrick LeBoutillier
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2005
      Hi all,

      A couple weeks back I mentionned I was working on a HTTP tunnel
      project that uses mod_perl. Well I finally got around to document and
      publish it so it's off to CPAN
      at this very moment.

      As usual all feedback is welcome.

      Note: I just realized the README says mod_perl 1.9919 is required, but
      it's actually
      1.999021. At least the Makefile.PL has it ok :)

      Patrick

      ===== README =====

      Apache-HTTunnel
      ===============

      Apache::HTTunnel is a universal HTTP tunnel that allows the transport
      of any TCP/IP protocol over HTTP. It is designed to allow people
      behind firewalls/proxies to access non-HTTP services.

      It is loaded into the Apache web server using mod_perl. The client
      module (HTTunnel::Client) or script (/usr/bin/httunnel) can then be
      used to setup the actual tunnel(s). See Client/README for more information
      on using the client components.

      Note: Apache::HTTunnel works only on UNIX-type platforms, more specifically
      those that support the sendmsg(2)/recvmsg(2) API.

      INSTALLATION

      - To install this module type the following:

      % perl Makefile.PL
      % make
      % make test
      % make install

      Note 1: Apache::Test is used in the test suite. If the test suite cannot
      find your Apache web server, you may want to try one of the
      following (see the Apache::TestMM documentation for more details):

      % perl Makefile.PL -apxs /path/to/apxs
      % perl Makefile.PL -httpd /path/to/httpd

      - Generate the sample configuration file (see the Apache::HTTunnel documentation
      for more information on the available configuration file options):

      % perl -MApache::HTTunnel=sample_config >
      /etc/httpd/conf/perl_httunnel.conf

      - Restart Apache (see the HTTunnel::Client documentation for more information
      on using the client components to setup a tunnel):

      % service httpd restart

      - To install only the client portion, see Client/README.

      DEPENDENCIES

      This module requires these other modules and libraries:

      - mod_perl 1.999021
      - File::FDkeeper (which in turn will require File::FDpasser)

      COPYRIGHT AND LICENCE

      Copyright (C) 2005 Patrick LeBoutillier <patl@...>

      This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
      it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.5 or,
      at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available.

      --
      Patrick LeBoutllier