Re: Compiling mod_perl into Apache 1.3.33

  • Philippe M. Chiasson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 23, 2005
      Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:
      > Perrin Harkins wrote:
      >
      >> Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:
      >>
      >>> [...]
      >
      > If I use
      > perl Makefile.PL APACHE_SRC=../apache_1.3.33/src
      > APACHE_PREFIX=/etc/apache/ DO_HTTPD=1 USE_APACI=1 EVERYTHING=1
      >
      > it compiles in, but everything is located in /etc/apache instead of in
      > their proper places (such as /usr/sbin, /usr/man,
      > /var/www/localhost/htdocs, etc.)

      Thta's because you specified APACHE_PREFIX=/etc/apache, if you leave it out,
      you'll get an installation more like what you are looking for.

      > Is there anyway to compile mod_perl so it just compiles and installs,
      > then I can compile Apache with my settings and add it on the fly are as
      > a DSO?

      Yes, compiling apache first, and later building mod_perl as DSO is possible
      and explained here:

      http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/install.html#Build_mod_perl_as_a_DSO_outside_the_Apache_Source_Tree_via_APXS

      > Also, is it possible to get my emails from the list? I hate not being
      > able to see what I've posted.

      You probably need to subscribe to the list:

      http://gozer.ectoplasm.org/ F9BF E0C2 480E 7680 1AE5 3631 CB32 A107 88C3A5A5