Re: Apache2/Modperl2 fails to preload Win32::OLE at server startup

  • Thierry Valentin
    Message 1 of 26 , Nov 30, 2004
      Hello,
      I definitely agree with that.
      A daemon would solve all the authentication and connection persistence issues.
      But the problem is that all accesses to the database that I'm using *must* go
      through a vendor specific API which is only available as a COM library.
      This explains the choice of Apache/win32 and Win32::OLE.

      In face of the potential problems, I will reconsider writing a RPC::PlServer
      daemon that uses Win32::OLE to access the database.

      Thanks for the suggestion.

      --

      Thierry Valentin
      earth decision sciences SA