Re: mp2: Error -- Can't locate Apache2.pm in @INC

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30 12:29 PM
      Stephen Jungels wrote:
      > Stas Bekman wrote:
      >>So why in the world do you get those targets?
      > The Makefile directed me to /usr/lib/perl/5.6.1/Config.pm, which helps
      > explain what's going on here. It contains lines like:
      > installsitearch='/var/tmp/hhl-target-perl-ppc_82xx-root/opt/hardhat/devkit/p
      > pc/82xx/target/usr/local/lib/perl/5.6.1'
      > installsitebin='/var/tmp/hhl-target-perl-ppc_82xx-root/opt/hardhat/devkit/pp
      > c/82xx/target/usr/bin'
      > installsitelib='/var/tmp/hhl-target-perl-ppc_82xx-root/opt/hardhat/devkit/pp
      > c/82xx/target/usr/local/share/perl/5.6.1'
      > and corresponding lines like:
      > sitearch='/usr/local/lib/perl/5.6.1'
      > sitebin='/usr/bin'
      > sitelib='/usr/local/share/perl/5.6.1'
      > A little context: the Linkstation is an embedded system, and perl would have
      > been built on a host system with a cross-compiler. Those long paths in
      > /var/tmp/hhl-target... are where the target perl libraries would have been
      > installed on the host machine to avoid conflict with the host machine's
      > local installation of perl. Unfortunately some of this information sticks
      > around in Config.pm when perl is installed on the target, and that is
      > confusing mod_perl's configuration process, it seems to me.
      > It is interesting to note that, in this case, if mod_perl had used sitearch,
      > sitebin, sitelib, and so on, instead of installsitearch and friends, I would
      > have had a successful install of mod_perl. I don't know enough about it to
      > say what mod_perl should be doing in the general case. Maybe the
      > cross-compile of perl wasn't done quite right and that mucked up Config.pm.

      In which case it's a bug in perl or someone has badly messed things up
      when building that package for your distribution. Since those directories
      don't show up in @INC, which you've posted here (perl -V). I'd suggest to
      talk to the person in charge of your perl's build and if it's not their
      fault then to perl5-porters.

      FWIW, mod_perl doesn't choose to use installsitearch or not, MakeMaker
      does that, and I think it's doing the right things. Your perl install is

      >>Show us how exactly did you build mod_perl.
      > I promise I didn't do anything out of the ordinary! My history just shows:
      > root@LINKSTATION:/usr/local/mod_perl-1.99_17# history | grep Makefile.PL
      > 139 perl Makefile.PL MP_APXS=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs
      > 157 perl Makefile.PL MP_APXS=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs
      > 510 history | grep Makefile.PL

      Right, you've already explained the issue above.

      List etiquette: http://perl.apache.org/maillist/email-etiquette.html