Re: Apache2+mod_perl2+Mason - limit upload size

  • Cure
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2004
      I would upgrade HTML::Mason.

      1.27 October 28, 2004

        ENHANCEMENTS
      • Full support for Apache2/mod_perl2.

      Roman Vašíček wrote:
      Hi all,
       I want to limit upload size on my Apache2+Mason powered website depending
      to user category - eg: guest = 500kB, registered = 2MB, admin = 10 MB. I
      already found answered question on perlmonks.org

      but described solution seems to does not work with Apache2. Using presented
      code I get 500 error from server with message

              Can't call method "comp" on an undefined value

      for the line

              $m->comp('/lib/component');

      Probably $m is not properly initialized...

      Currently I'm trying to use 'LimitRequestBody' in Apache configuration, but
      don't know how can I handle errors in my Mason code in case of this limit
      exceeds. Folowing code does not work

      if ($r->status == 413) {
        warn "Limit reached";
        $m->print(qq(<p>Data volume exceeds the capacity limit</p>));
        $r->status(200);
        return;
      }

      It seems to work - status is set correctly if I test it in component, but browser
      still get 413 response instead of 200 and generated HTML code have prepended
      error message generated by Apache(?).

      Versions used:
       Apache2 - 2.0.48
       libapreq2 - 2.03_dev
       mod_perl - 1.99_14
       HTML::Mason - 1.26
       MasonX::Apache2Handler - 0.05
       MasonX::Request::WithApache2Session - 0.04
       Apache::Session - 1.54

       Thanks
        Roman