Re: Shop Cart Software

  • JupiterHost.Net
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2004
      > Hi,

      Hello,

      > I want to thank you for your response to my
      > request for ideas about Shopping Cart Software
      > and apologize for taking so loon to respond--a
      > mail server re-arrangement, that should have been
      > simple somehow went awry and has

      No worries :)

      > diverted my attention form Shopping Carts to
      > mail issues. I have all but one lingering issue
      > resolved, so I will get back to Carts sometime.

      Oh yeah, Interchange is also a nice robust Ecommerce server written in Perl.

      > I have not ever used php, but I so like and am
      > so comfortable with mod_perl that, since there
      > appears to be a mod_perl/perl option, I
      > will definitely give it first priority.

      You won't be sorry :) PHP sucks , that is from years of web development
      and server admining.

      I sum it up like this:

      Perl has helped me make a living by helping me do my job easier and
      more effectively.

      PHP has helped me make a living because it takes so much time and
      effort to admin and support that its created job security for me ;p

      I'm sure others would disagree, which is fine (their favorite band sucks
      if they disagree though ;p). Thats just my experience.