Re: [mp1] multiple handlers?

  • Tony Clayton
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2004
      Quoting Geoffrey Young <geoff@...>:

      > using a PerlAuthenHandler in no way affects who can run in any other
      > apache
      > phase, such as fixups or (in your case) content generation. well,
      > outside
      > of the normal duties of an authen handler, anyway :)

      Geoff,

      Thanks for the great pointers. The fact that Perl*Handler didn't rely
      on "SetHandler perl-script" was the piece I was missing, and I only
      doubted that because it just wasn't working the way I initially
      expected. After
      reading chapter 13 (http://www.modperlcookbook.org/chapters/ch13.pdf), I
      realize that using the wrong Perl*Handler. I really
      wanted PerlAccessHandler, which does get called correctly in my setup.
      I'm not actually authenticating users, but providing access control
      based on headers, so I think this is what I want.

      PerlAuthenHandler and PerlAuthzHandler weren't getting called from my
      Location block, because I was not specifying "Require" or "Auth*"
      directives.

      Anyway, I think I'm all set with PerlAccessHandler.

      Thanks,
      Tony