DBM authentication configuration

  • Hèctor Alòs i Font
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2004
      I'm trying to migrate from plain file authentication (AuthType Basic) to
      a DBM type (AuthDBMType).

      In our system, the only DBM authentication we had was SDBM, but we
      discovered that we can't use it because in our application a user may
      belong a quite a lot groups at the same time and it seems that SDBM can
      only accept a 255 character list of files for a user.

      So we installed Berkeley DB files (sleepycat.com, version 4.1.25) and
      recompiled Apache (2.0.49). The apache compile configuration catches the
      Berkeley DB libraries and compilates finely. But, after the
      installation, programme htdbm still does not accept the DB file type
      (-TDB). Why? Do I have to create my own DB password/group managing
      programme (using the CPAN DB_File library)?

      Thanks in advance.
      Hèctor