Disappearing parms in subrequest

  • Vince Veselosky
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2004
      Hi mod_perl gurus,

      This question pertains to Apache::Request, I hope I am in the right
      place. I have:

      Linux (Debian Sarge)
      Apache 1.3.31
      mod_perl 1.29
      libapreq 1.1

      I have a situation where I use an Apache::Request object and then hand
      it off to a library which calls Apache::Request->instance on it (to be
      sure it is a A::R I guess, not my module). Sometimes I want to hand the
      library a subrequest instead of the original request. When I do, I knew
      that the subrequest would not have the original parms, so I set the
      parms for the subrequest manually. Unfortunately, when ->instance() gets
      called on the object, they seem to disappear.

      I was able to simplify the code and watch the logs like this:

      if ( $subr = $r->lookup_uri($uri) )
      { $req = Apache::Request->instance($subr);
      $req->parms($r->parms);
      $logger->info( Dumper $r->parms ); # get {this => that}
      $logger->info( Dumper $req->parms ); # get {this => that}
      $testreq = Apache::Request->instance($req); # parms disappear here.
      $logger->info( Dumper $testreq->parms ); # get {}
      $logger->info( Dumper $req->parms ); # get {this => that}
      }

      Am I doing something stupid, or just missing something? From the docs I
      thought that $req and $testreq should be the same object here, but they
      seem not to be. Can someone tell me if I am doing this wrong or what?

      TIA,
      -Vince