Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

mod_perl 2 & Sessions

Expand Messages
  • xpnospam-modperl@yahoo.com
    Hi, I have a question I m sure some of you know the answer to. I cannot find any explaination on how to use sessions with mod_perl 2. Can any of you send a
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 28, 2004
    • 0 Attachment
      Hi,
       
      I have a question I'm sure some of you know the answer to.
       
      I cannot find any explaination on how to use sessions with mod_perl 2. Can any of you send a little sample code?
       
      I would like to be able to store information like the username and password in session variables to retrieve them on all the other pages of the website.
       
      Thanks in advance!
       
      Xav


      Créez gratuitement votre Yahoo! Mail avec 100 Mo de stockage !
      Créez votre Yahoo! Mail

      Le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger est arrivé ! Découvrez toutes les nouveautés pour dialoguer instantanément avec vos amis. Téléchargez GRATUITEMENT ici !
    • Geoffrey Young
      ... maintaining state is not a native feature of mod_perl proper - you need to use a layer on top of it if you want state to be magically maintained throughout
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 28, 2004
      • 0 Attachment
        xpnospam-modperl@... wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I have a question I'm sure some of you know the answer to.
        >
        > I cannot find any explaination on how to use sessions with mod_perl 2.
        > Can any of you send a little sample code?
        >
        > I would like to be able to store information like the username and
        > password in session variables to retrieve them on all the other pages of
        > the website.

        maintaining state is not a native feature of mod_perl proper - you need to
        use a layer on top of it if you want state to be magically maintained
        throughout your application. for example, Apache::Session is a popular
        add-on for this kind of thing:

        http://search.cpan.org/dist/Apache-Session/

        I'm sure others can point out additional tools as well.

        HTH

        --Geoff

        --
        Report problems: http://perl.apache.org/bugs/
        Mail list info: http://perl.apache.org/maillist/modperl.html
        List etiquette: http://perl.apache.org/maillist/email-etiquette.html
      • Perrin Harkins
        ... Apache::SessionManager is a good place for newbies to start with sessions under mod_perl: http://search.cpan.org/~enrys/Apache-SessionManager-1.02/ -
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 28, 2004
        • 0 Attachment
          On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 11:53, Geoffrey Young wrote:
          > I'm sure others can point out additional tools as well.

          Apache::SessionManager is a good place for newbies to start with
          sessions under mod_perl:
          http://search.cpan.org/~enrys/Apache-SessionManager-1.02/

          - Perrin


          --
          Report problems: http://perl.apache.org/bugs/
          Mail list info: http://perl.apache.org/maillist/modperl.html
          List etiquette: http://perl.apache.org/maillist/email-etiquette.html
        • Carl Brewer
          ... Further to that, Session may be worth a look : http://search.cpan.org/~rsoliv/Session-0.01/Session.pm -- Report problems: http://perl.apache.org/bugs/
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 10, 2004
          • 0 Attachment
            Perrin Harkins wrote:
            > On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 11:53, Geoffrey Young wrote:
            >
            >>I'm sure others can point out additional tools as well.
            >
            >
            > Apache::SessionManager is a good place for newbies to start with
            > sessions under mod_perl:
            > http://search.cpan.org/~enrys/Apache-SessionManager-1.02/

            Further to that, "Session" may be worth a look :

            http://search.cpan.org/~rsoliv/Session-0.01/Session.pm



            --
            Report problems: http://perl.apache.org/bugs/
            Mail list info: http://perl.apache.org/maillist/modperl.html
            List etiquette: http://perl.apache.org/maillist/email-etiquette.html
          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.