PerlHandler serving / ?

  • Arne Skjaerholt
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 6, 2004
      Hello,
      I'm working on a PerlHandler that will potentially handle the root of my webserver. The code works fine if I set it to handle a sub-directory (<Location /my-location>), but if I say <Location/> and try to get / I get a 500 and an error that seems to indicate that no request object is passed to handler() (Can't call method "document_root" on an undefined value). Is this normal behavior, and if so is there a work around/what am I doing wrong?

      Thank you in advance,
      Arne Skjaerholt
      :wq
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 7, 2004
        Arne Skjaerholt wrote:
        > Hello,
        > I'm working on a PerlHandler that will potentially handle the root of my webserver. The code works fine if I set it to handle a sub-directory (<Location /my-location>), but if I say <Location/> and try to get / I get a 500 and an error that seems to indicate that no request object is passed to handler() (Can't call method "document_root" on an undefined value). Is this normal behavior, and if so is there a work around/what am I doing wrong?

        Please always paste the exact error from logs/error_log, trying to
        interpret it is not a good idea.

      • Arne Skjaerholt
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 11, 2004
          Actually, the error was due to my own incompetence (I found the error
          after having a sleep). I thought I had sent a reply to the list saying
          that, but it turns out I sent it to myself (dang webmail interface
          *grumble*). Sorry, bout that.

          Arne
          :wq