PerlSetVar's not showing up in $r->dir_config

  • Scott Fagg
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31 10:29 PM
      I have lines like this in my .htaccess file :

      AuthName AD
      AuthType Arup::AuthCkLDAP

      PerlSetVar ADPath /
      PerlSetVar ADLoginScript /login.perl

      .. and i'm using AuthCookie.pm. It picks up on the 'AD' value for
      AuthName, but cannot see the PerlSetVar values. e.g i get this in my
      error logs :

      [error] Apache::ServerRec=SCALAR(0x83ca8b8)PerlSetVar 'ADLoginScript'
      not set /misc/

      .. So it suggests that apache is quite capable of reading the .htaccess
      file ( not a permissions problem ) but is not parsing the PerlSetVar
      entries.

      It does work however if i move the PerlSetVar entries into the
      httpd.conf file. Is perlsetvar intended to work in .htaccess ? Do i need
      to enable processing of PerlSetVar ?

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004
        Scott Fagg wrote:
        > I have lines like this in my .htaccess file :
        >
        > AuthName AD
        > AuthType Arup::AuthCkLDAP
        >
        > PerlSetVar ADPath /
        > PerlSetVar ADLoginScript /login.perl
        >
        > .. and i'm using AuthCookie.pm. It picks up on the 'AD' value for
        > AuthName, but cannot see the PerlSetVar values.

        PerlSetVar merging is currently broken, specifically for multiple
        inheritance (like .htaccess files and <Location />) - see the archives if
        you want the long explanation. I really, really plan to fix this "soonish."
        look for it in the next mod_perl release, or in early october in CVS.

        sorry for the headaches.

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 20, 2004
          Geoffrey Young wrote:

          > Scott Fagg wrote:
          >
          >>I have lines like this in my .htaccess file :
          >>
          >>AuthName AD
          >>AuthType Arup::AuthCkLDAP
          >>
          >>PerlSetVar ADPath /
          >>PerlSetVar ADLoginScript /login.perl
          >>
          >>.. and i'm using AuthCookie.pm. It picks up on the 'AD' value for
          >>AuthName, but cannot see the PerlSetVar values.
          >

          > PerlSetVar merging is currently broken, specifically for multiple
          > inheritance (like .htaccess files and <Location />) - see the archives if
          > you want the long explanation. I really, really plan to fix this "soonish."
          > look for it in the next mod_perl release, or in early october in CVS.

          this has been fixed in current cvs. please give the latest mod_perl sources
          a try and report back if you are still seeing improper merge behavior.