Re: Software caused connection abort

    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2004
      [Please always send a new email when starting a new thread. Do not reply
      to another thread, changing the subject, since you are still replying to
      the same thread. Thanks!]

      Casey Songer wrote:
      > Hello all,
      >
      > I'm running mod_perl 1.99_13 with apache 2.0.49. I'm also running
      > HTML::Mason. Not sure if this is a Mason error or just a mod_perl
      > thing, but I keep getting these errors in my error log:
      >
      > [Fri Jul 30 16:37:12 2004] [error] [client x.x.x.x] 103:Software caused
      > connection abort at
      > /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/MasonX/Apache2Handler.pm line
      > 93.\n\nStack:\n
      > [/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/MasonX/Apache2Handler.pm:93]\n
      > [/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/HTML/Mason/Request.pm:358]\n, referer:
      > https://www.dynamicfeedback.com/leader/groupinformation/index.html?&i_index=0
      >

      > The errors happen intermittently, but the users experience slow or
      > hanging pages when it happens. I don't know if these errors are a
      > result of something timing out or if they explain what they actual
      > problem is.
      >
      > My first question is, can somebody tell me what this error means? And
      > second, how can I find out what is causing the error? This server is in
      > production, and I never have experience the error on my test machine
      > which is set up very similarly.
      >
      > Hope somebody out there can shed some light on the subject.

      Take a look at this thread:
      The error happens when the client aborts the connection (e.g. hits
      reload button, before the previous request was finished)