Re: Problems downloading modperl

  • Charlene
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 30, 2004
      I figured it out.   I removed the last .tar off of
      mod_perl-2.0-current.tar.gz.tar
      And Winzip could handle it.

      Charlene

      Randy Kobes wrote:
      On Wed, 28 Jul 2004, Charlene Wroblewski wrote:

      I don't think the right file is there.  Winzip has an error processing
      this downloaded file:

      mod_perl-2.0-current.tar.tar

      Error reading header after processing 0 entries.

      Charlene

      I've seen this too sometimes when one downloads a .tar.gz
      archive from a browser and have Winzip open it, rather than
      saving it first. I'm not sure why - it may be the bad
      renaming of the file (something.tar.gz -> something.tar.tar)
      that Windows does, or perhaps some automatic uncompressing
      is done beforehand. Anyway, try saving the file first to
      disc, and unpack it afterwards.