Re: Can't set or modify ssl apache environment variables for user certificates

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 22, 2004
      richard dinh wrote:
      >>Why do you think you can do that at all? You can
      >>lookup, yes, but
      >>modify? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
      >>
      >>--
      >

      > I don't know if it is possible. But I need to be able
      > to change the values. What the rest my code does is
      > get user cert, check against directory for a valid
      > cert, check against LDAP directory for group, and I
      > want to present this group membership info to an
      > application. Right now the Client application receives
      > the variable in one of those variables defined in
      > MOD_SSL. This is the part I am trying to fix, so I
      > need to be able to rewrite the CN or DN.

      So please figure out first whether you are allowed to do that (which I
      doubt, but I'm not 100% sure) and if you are, how do you do that. I
      don't think that changing the env tables is the way to go. Probably ask
      it as a general question (can I modify the client data and how do I do
      that), w/o mentioning perl, at the apache mod_ssl list:
      http://www.modssl.org/