Re: mod_perl with libxml2 - slooow?

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1 10:12 AM
      On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 11:54, ETarazi@... wrote:
      > I'm doing some XSL transformations in perl via the libxml2 package.
      > libxml2, at least for me, is a pre-compiled third-party package that does
      > XML stuff really really fast. I interface to it with perl's XML::LibXSLT.
      > The transform I have selects a tiny fraction of an 8 meg XML file. Running
      > the script from my cgi-bin (ie w/o mod_perl) or just from the command line
      > takes about 3-4 seconds.
      >
      > Running the script under mod_perl takes almost 2 minutes!!! I'm new to
      > mod_perl... so what's happening here? Im running this on winXP. Apache.exe
      > takes up over 150 megs of virtual memory and almost all the CPU time
      > bringing everything to a crawl...

      There is some info on reporting bugs here (assuming you are using apache
      2):
      http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/help/help.html#Reporting_Problems

      Some of that info (which Perl, which mod_perl, etc.) would be helpful
      here.

      However, the usual place to start looking is where things are different
      from CGI: the user and permissions, possibly the version of perl being
      used, etc.

    • Clayton Cottingham
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1 10:20 AM
        i have use XML::LibXML on linux without those sort of speed crawls, you
        might want to look at trying it on a linux machine