Re: Error upon install

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 29, 2004
      Andy Armstrong wrote:
      > Randy Kobes wrote:
      >
      >> It sounds like you're trying to build mod_perl-1.99 (aka
      >> mod_perl 2) against apache-1.3. Try either installing
      >> mod_perl 2 against an Apache 2 installation:
      >> perl Makefile.PL MP_AP_PREFIX=/path/to/httpd2 \
      >> MP_INST_APACHE2=1
      >> or, if you must stick with Apache-1.3, grab the
      >> mod_perl-1.29 sources from CPAN.
      >

      > He was :)
      >
      > We sorted it out off-list.

      just as a gentle reminder, keeping everything on-list means that other new
      users can find the problem answered in the archives, which saves everybody
      some cycles.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 29, 2004
        Andy Armstrong wrote:
        > Geoffrey Young wrote:
        >
        >> just as a gentle reminder, keeping everything on-list means that other
        >> new
        >> users can find the problem answered in the archives, which saves
        >> everybody
        >> some cycles.
        >

        > I didn't take it off-list...

        sure, I understand - lots of people will email me privately mid discussion.
        I usually just re-CC the list if I have something helpful to say ;)

        anyway, it was suppose to be a gentle reminder. I certainly didn't mean to
        single anyone out or be otherwise discouraging, etc...