Re: Apache::MP3 Stream problem

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2004
      [CC'ing Lincoln]

      HHH3@... wrote:
      > Hello,
      > This is my first question to the mod_perl list so I hope I do it right.
      > I have recently ported Apache::MP3 to work with mod_perl 2 on an apache2
      > webserver. Everything works right (display, downloading, etc) except the

      I wonder how many people have ported this module to mp2 already :) Lincoln,
      any chance you can release the ported version into the wild?

      > streaming...sometimes. It seems that the first time a user logs on to
      > the site and clicks 'Stream' on any directory or file, it will work, but
      > any attempts after that it goes to a standard 404 playlist.m3u page not
      > found error. That's all there is in the Apache log as well. Sometimes it
      > won't stream at all and sometimes it will work more than once. Any ideas
      > as to why this would happen? One thought I had was that the shared files
      > are on a separate windows box and are shared via Samba. If the playlist
      > is actually temporarily created then there might be a permission problem
      > with the directories shared via Samba and the webserver is not allowed
      > to create a file there. However, sometimes the streaming does work so
      > I'm not sure if that make sense. I've taken a class in perl but I don't
      > know it well enough to tell if the m3u file is actually created
      > somewhere or just sent directly to the user. I'd give out a user/pass to
      > the site but that might be bordering on illegal because the music can be
      > downloaded. If somone thinks they need access then I'll figure out a way
      > to disable the downloading but allow the streaming so it can be tested.

      Most likely you want to ask Lincoln about Apache::MP3 issues.

      In the future please always try to contact the author of the module that you
      have a problem with, before emailing this list. Thank you.

    • Lincoln Stein
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2004
        My version of the port isn't quite working. Probably another couple
        of weekends to get all the bugs ironed out. I was really hoping to
        have the streaming video working fully, but maybe that'll wait for
        later.

        Lincoln

        --
        Lincoln D. Stein