redirectring webDAV requests

  • Info
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2004
      Hi All,

      I have some Apache(2.0)/ mod_perl(2.0)/ perl(5.8)/ webDAV queries

      My mod_perl handler redirects DAV requests.
      Each user logs on then points their DAV client to <srv>/dav/home
      From the login info, the handler translates this to /home/www/userXYZ
      and does an internal redirect to it.

      1. First step partially works, I can redirect to <srv>/testuser/,
      which is an Alias defined in httpd.conf as pointing to /home/www/userXYZ.
      Problem: Dav client only sees folders, not files, and the folders recurse.

      2. Second step is more tricky, I cant seem to redirect to a sub-path of an alias.
      I need to do this, cant have one alias per user as there would be 40,000 Aliases!
      I have an alias /dav/ which points to /home/www.
      But when I try to redirect to /dav/userXYZ the DAV client complains that
      "Server doesnt support WebDAV at resource /dav/home

      Same thing happens when I point DavCli directly at /dav/userXYZ,
      the DAV client complains that "Server doesnt support WebDAV at resource /dav/userXYZ.
      It seems to like Alias's but not their sub-paths.

      3. Eventually I want to redirect into another path that the handler handles,
      so that I can reject invalid requests.
      This means 2 handlers for the same URI: my .pm and mod_dav.
      How can I "handle" a request then (optionally) pass it on to mod_dav?

      Thanks in advance, I'd much appreciate any comments.

      Mike Burton

      Message 2 of 2 , May 5, 2004
        On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 03:35, Info wrote:
        > I have an alias /dav/ which points to /home/www.
        > But when I try to redirect to /dav/userXYZ the DAV client complains
        > that
        > "Server doesnt support WebDAV at resource /dav/home

        This doesn't really sound like a mod_perl problem. Sounds more like a
        web dav configuration problem, or a general apache config problem.

        > 3. Eventually I want to redirect into another path that the handler
        > handles,
        > so that I can reject invalid requests.
        > This means 2 handlers for the same URI: my .pm and mod_dav.
        > How can I "handle" a request then (optionally) pass it on to mod_dav?

        If your handler runs in an earlier phase than mod_dav, it should be no
        problem. Actually, it shouldn't be a problem anyway to have multiple
        handlers for the access and auth phases.