Re: mp2 static build on HPUX11i: invalid ldflags

    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2004
      olivier.blanc@... wrote:

      >>>BTW, I had to modify a bit the "config_vars.mk" file from Apache.

      You didn't mention what did you have to modify there.

      > Sorry, I didn't make myself clear :
      > Apache and Perl are compiled with the same compiler and the same options.
      > The only problem that I found is for the "ldflads". The way Perl is
      > linking is by calling the "cc" command. The way modperl is linking is by
      > calling "/bin/ld". The first command is accepting the +DD64 (and needs
      > this flag to compile in 64 bits), but the second command doesn't know
      > this option (and does not need it to link in 64 bits).
      > So I had to remove this in the ldflags from the config.

      modperl does so, because Perl told it to do so. Your perl -V has:

      ld='/usr/bin/ld', ldflags =' +DD64 -L/usr/local/lib -L/lib/pa20_64'

      If that's not correct (which appears to be the case), you must report this
      problem to the perl5-porters list via perlbug(1). Once you did so, please
      report back the outcome of this bug report.

      But we certainly add any necessary workarounds so you won't have to fix that
      manually. But first I want to hear what p5p has to say about this.

      List etiquette: http://perl.apache.org/maillist/email-etiquette.html