Re: [mp2] mod_perl (current cvs) and multiple Apache2s make problems

    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 2, 2004
      > Geoff, FYI -
      >
      > 'Patching' the APR_HAS_LARGE_FILES to 0 as described above did not work
      > for me. Even with it set to 0 in apr.h the server seg faulted. However,
      > using '--disable-lfs' DID work (and APR_HAS_LARGE_FILES did not need to be
      > patched because it came out of the configure set to 0).

      cool.

      > Anyway, I'm a happy camper - and - tomorrow I plan to convert my production
      > site to 2.1 and see how it goes.

      yikes. please be aware that while we do our best to make sure that any
      issues mod_perl 2.0 has with Apache 2.1 are resolved fairly quickly,
      officially Apache 2.1 is unsupported so you may be left in a lurch if you
      run into problems.

    • Beau E. Cox
      Message 2 of 24 , Apr 2, 2004
        On Friday 02 April 2004 03:18 am, Geoffrey Young wrote:
        > > Geoff, FYI -
        > >
        > > 'Patching' the APR_HAS_LARGE_FILES to 0 as described above did not work
        > > for me. Even with it set to 0 in apr.h the server seg faulted. However,
        > > using '--disable-lfs' DID work (and APR_HAS_LARGE_FILES did not need to
        > > be patched because it came out of the configure set to 0).
        >
        > cool.
        >
        > > Anyway, I'm a happy camper - and - tomorrow I plan to convert my
        > > production site to 2.1 and see how it goes.
        >
        > yikes. please be aware that while we do our best to make sure that any
        > issues mod_perl 2.0 has with Apache 2.1 are resolved fairly quickly,
        > officially Apache 2.1 is unsupported so you may be left in a lurch if you
        > run into problems.

        yikes, youself, indeed! ;)

        Not to worry. I won't come crying when it dies - I'll just flip back to
        2.0. My site is not that big a risk - low traffic - and I'm running all
        cvs devel packages on it already. Note - this is my little site, _not_
        one of my clients'. I have always kept my site on the bleading edge so
        I have experience with the new packages when it comes time to install
        them elsewhere.

        At least with 2.1 running 'live' I can share with you and the 2.1 team
        any glitches I encounter (in a nice way).

        Aloha => Beau;

        Message 3 of 24 , Apr 2, 2004
          > Not to worry. I won't come crying when it dies - I'll just flip back to
          > 2.0. My site is not that big a risk - low traffic - and I'm running all
          > cvs devel packages on it already. Note - this is my little site, _not_
          > one of my clients'. I have always kept my site on the bleading edge so
          > I have experience with the new packages when it comes time to install
          > them elsewhere.

          yes, that makes perfect sense. we just have different ideas of production
          then :)

          > At least with 2.1 running 'live' I can share with you and the 2.1 team
          > any glitches I encounter (in a nice way).

          indeed. in fact, without people like you playing with the bleeding edge it
          will never become stable. so we appreciate your efforts here.