PATCH to Apache::AuthNetLDAP 0.26

  • Nick Urbanik

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 3, 2004
        Oh dear, Some twit forgot to attach the patch!

        Here it is.

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 5, 2004
          Dear Folks,

          Sorry, GPG munged the patch.
          Here is an unmunged patch.
          Is this the right place to send it?

          On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 06:44:00PM +0800, Nick Urbanik wrote:
          > Oh dear, Some twit forgot to attach the patch!
          >
          > Here it is.
          >
          > On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 10:38:33AM +0000, Nick Urbanik wrote:
          > > Dear Folks,
          > > I use LDAP authentication a lot here at our Institute, and with
          > > mod_auth_ldap coming and going in Red Hat (here before RH 8, gone in
          > > RH 8 and 8, back in Fedora, but gone in RH enterprise 3...), I
          > > realised that Perl is the way to keep my sanity. I used
          > > Apache::AuthNetLDAP after Mark Wilcox wrote it, but I needed the
          > > capability of using filters to select only one class to authenticate
          > > for a quiz, so I added it.
          > >
          > > Now I need start_tls and one level scope makes sense for us, so I have
          > > added and documented the options:
          > >
          > > PerlSetVar LDAPFilter
          > > PerlSetVar UseStartTLS
          > > PerlSetVar SearchScope
          > >
          > > to regain the flexibility that an RFC 2255 LDAP URL provides.
          > >
          > > So here is my patch.
          > >
          > > It is rather big, because there are a number of formatting errors in
          > > the POD that needed correcting, as well as the documentation that I've
          > > written. I would be prepared to split the patch into small pieces
          > > that only change one thing at a time if you are too busy to look at
          > > this single patch in its entirety.
          > >
          > > I would be really glad if these changes can be incorporated into
          > > Apache::AuthNetLDAP so that I can go sudo -MCPAN -e 'install
          > > Apache::AuthNetLDAP' on a new server instead of having to patch each
          > > new release by hand.
          > >
          > > I would be very glad of any feedback.
          --
          Nick Urbanik RHCE nicku(at)vtc.edu.hk
          Dept. of Information & Communications Technology
          Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education (Tsing Yi)
          Tel: (852) 2436 8576, (852) 2436 8713 Fax: (852) 2436 8526
        • Shannon Eric Peevey
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 5, 2004
            Nick Urbanik wrote:

            >Dear Folks,
            >
            >Sorry, GPG munged the patch.
            >Here is an unmunged patch.
            >Is this the right place to send it?

            Yes, thanks! I was just getting ready to implement ldaps support in it,
            but you beat me to the punch. You can expect the next version to be out
            during the next month.

            thanks,

            --
            Shannon Eric Peevey => "speeves"
            Dyno-Mite! System Administrator => speeves@...

          • Nick Urbanik
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 5, 2004
              On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 07:11:35PM -0600, Shannon Eric Peevey wrote:
              > Nick Urbanik wrote:
              >
              > >Dear Folks,
              > >
              > >Sorry, GPG munged the patch.
              > >Here is an unmunged patch.
              > >Is this the right place to send it?
              > >

              > Yes, thanks! I was just getting ready to implement ldaps support in it,
              > but you beat me to the punch. You can expect the next version to be out
              > during the next month.

              How about the filter and scope support?

              Is the documentation okay?

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 6, 2004
                Nick Urbanik wrote:

                >How about the filter and scope support?
                >
                >Is the documentation okay?

                I haven't had a chance to look at it in depth, but I'll let you know
                when I do.

                thanks again :)

                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 8, 2004

                  >How about the filter and scope support?

                  I wonder if the filter and scope support might be more appropriate in
                  the authz handler... What do you all think?