Re: mod_perl-xxx.rpm not a better choice?

  • Shannon Eric Peevey
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26, 2004
      B. Fongo wrote:

      > Are there any reasons why one shouldn’t use rpm version of mod_perl?
      >
      > I’m on Red Hat 8.0, and for unknown reason, mod_perl is behaving
      > strangely.

      The binary packages of mod_perl are good for what they are.
      Unfortunately, they are compiled with a set of flags that are seen as
      the most useful for the majority. Therefore, if you want, or need, any
      special options, then it is best to use the tarball. (Also, the binary
      package may, or may not, include the newest version of the tarball)

      'sup to you :)

      --
      Shannon Eric Peevey => "speeves"
      Dyno-Mite! System Administrator => speeves@...