Re: Apache2+mp2 Reverse Proxy -> Apache1+mp1

  • Igor Sysoev
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 26, 2004
      On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Ged Haywood wrote:

      > On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Richard F. Rebel wrote:
      >
      > > I would be interested if anyone knows of a mod_proxy replacement
      > > that does this sort of multiplexing
      >
      > I had an idea that mod_accel would do that, but it's been a while
      > so I could be completely wrong.

      No, mod_accel does not support the keep-alive connections to a backend so
      it can not do such multiplexing.

      However, I'm developing the new light-weight http and reverse proxy server
      that will support the keep-alive connections to the backends and will allow
      to use multiplexing.

      Right now the proxy code in beta state, however the server is used in
      a production on two busy enough sites to serve static mp3's and images.

      The server can use kqueue, epoll, /dev/poll, select, poll, rt signals (the
      later right now have not a overflow handling) and i/o completion ports (Win32).
      On FreeBSD, Linux, and Solaris it can use sendfile(). The server supports
      ip- and name-based virtual hosts, keep-alive, pipelined requests, gzip
      encoding, chunked encoding, and byte ranges (the partial downloads).
      There is a primitive rewrite module that allows to rewrite URI using regex's.

      The responses go though output filters. The gzip, chunked encoding, and
      byte ranges is implemented as filters. The SSI filter and throttling
      module are planned.

      The server uses two processes - the master and the worker.
      The server allows a gracefull server upgrade without interrupting clients.
      The configuration is as flexible as in Apache.

      In the near future server will support the threads pool (pthreads, Win32
      threads, and FreeBSD rfork()) to use several CPUs and to eliminate latences
      while the blocking on disk i/o.

      Igor Sysoev
      http://sysoev.ru/en/