Re: Shared SSL Custom Log Parsing

  • Skylos the Doggie
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 25, 2004
      You have a virtualhost on an SSL connection.

      I assume, cert name is *.mydomain.tld rather than, say,
      secure.mydomain.tld. There would be various people under the umbrella of
      the cert, clienta.mydomain.tld, clientb.mydomain.tld, which are they
      switched for reaction by the web server named based virtualhost mechanism.

      So... why don't you just set the log directive in the vhost, like you
      would for any vhost?

      Then everything that maps to that virtualhost will use that logging
      directive.

      Seems... so simple that I'm worried I not understanding your problem.

      Skylos

      On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Gary C. New wrote:

      > I've got shared ssl setup with mod_rewrite and I am trying to figure out
      > the best way to direct logging for each of the vhosts using the shared
      > ssl connection and thought mod_perl might be good for this.
      >
      > My thinking is to setup a <PERL> section in the httpd.conf file that
      > watches the referrer environment variables as they come in for the
      > shared ssl connection and then rewrite them to the appropriate custom
      > vhost access/error logs.
      >
      > Referrer Variable:
      >
      > https://secure.provider.tld/secure/domain.tld/
      >
      > Rewrite Logs:
      >
      > CustomLog /home/domain.tld/logs/access.log
      > ErrorLog /home/domain.tld/logs/error.log
      >
      > or
      >
      > I noticed on the perl.apache.org site an example called "Logging to
      > syslog" that could be used similarly but for the custom access/error
      > logs. It pipes the general incoming logs to a program that then parses
      > and rewrites the logs appropriately.
      >
      > I guess my main question with either example is what is the best way to
      > write the parsed logs to these custom log files? Is there an existing
      > module for this purpose?
      >
      > Is there a better way to parse and rewrite logs to custom files on-the-fly?
      >
      > Respectfully,
      >

      > Gary
      >

      > --
      > Report problems: http://perl.apache.org/bugs/

      - skylos@...
      - The best part about the internet is nobody knows you're a dog.
      (Peter Stiener, The New Yorker, July 5, 1993)
      - Dogs like... TRUCKS! (Nissan commercial, 1996)
      - PGP key: http://dogpawz.com/skylos/mykey.asc