Re: [RFC] Apache::Syntax::Highligh::Perl

  • Enrico Sorcinelli
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 25, 2004
      On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 09:22:52 -0800
      Stas Bekman <stas@...> wrote:

      Hi Stas,

      > The original module has already a pretty long name.
      > Apache::Syntax::Highlight::Perl makes it even longer, but it's only used from
      > httpd.conf (i.e. no need to type it too often) so I suppose that's OK.

      Yes

      > Otherwise Apache::PerlSyntaxHighlight or Apache::SyntaxHighlightPerl is a
      > better choice, IMHO, since it uses less namespaces [...]

      There aren't conventions about naming of mod_perl wrappers around existant
      modules, so I simply added the original namespace to 'Apache::'

      Maybe can we suggest to apply s/:// to original namespace, when applicable
      (i.e. for modules one-shot without sub classes)...?

      Thanks for suggestions :-)

      by

      - Enrico