Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache::AuthCookie 3.05

  • Michael Schout
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 28, 2004
      On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Geoffrey Young wrote:

      > so, the Location header really needs to special treatment to be included in
      > redirect responses, which is typically why you put things in err_headers_out.

      Well, the report I got on it was that setting it in headers_out rather
      than err_headers_out causes "Client-Warning: Redirection loop detected"
      headers to be generated. I never was able to reproduce that and figured
      it must just be a configuration issue.

      The main reason I changed it was because I *thought* that
      err_headers_out was more appropritate because login returns REDIRECT.
      However, looking at http_protocol.c, I'm not so sure. At least looking
      at the apache 1.3 sources, ap_send_error_response() in http_protocol.c
      prefers to have Location in headers_out rather than err_headers_out (as
      you have already pointed out :)). So from that standpoint, its probably
      better to have the Location in headers_out. Given that, I think its
      best to change it back for the next release.

      So to answer your question, there was not really a specific bug involved
      here. I just assumed that err_headers_out was the appropriate place
      becuase of the REDIRECT. I didn't know that http_protocol.c was
      treating Location differently from other headers :). Thanks for
      pointing that out.

      Regards,
      Michael Schout
      GKG.NET, Inc.
      --
      Hal 9000 - "Put down those Windows disks Dave.... Dave? DAVE!!"