Re: [MP2] Setting up seperate logs for virtual hosts from a database

  • Elizabeth Mattijsen
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 27, 2004
      At 15:36 -0800 1/27/04, Stas Bekman wrote:
      >Egor Shipovalov wrote:
      >>>Can I add vhosts with $s->add_config? Something like:
      >>>
      >>> $s->add_config( "VirtualHost foo.com:80" );
      >>> $s->add_config( "VirtualHost bar.com:80" );
      >>>
      >>> and then do the loop with $s->next? Or am I now stretching the
      >>>API beyond to what was intended?
      >>

      >>I once was in your position and found httpd_conf a lot more convenient than
      >>add_config. Just feed it the text you would normally write in httpd.conf:
      >>
      >>foreach my $vhost (@vhosts) {
      >> $s->httpd_conf(<<EOT
      >> <VirtualHost $vhost{name}:80>
      >> ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/$vhost{name}/error.log
      >> ...usual config stuff here... </VirtualHost>
      >>EOT
      >> );
      >>}
      >
      >$s->httpd_conf is not a mp2 API, you can use it only with Apache::compat.

      Aha... well, after it didn't work right away, and add_config _did_
      seem to work, I just didn't look any further. A wrapper routine is
      easily written.

      In any case, I have now resorted to changing the actual config file
      before actually starting with a wrapper around apachectl. Too many
      odd things were happening and I don't have the time to look at them

      >Though I agree that requiring \@lines and not allowing $lines ala
      >mp1's httpd_conf is silly, and we should support both.

      Indeed... ;-)

      Liz