Re: [mp1] RH9 / apache 1.3.29 / mod_perl 1.29 / perl 5.8.0 segfault

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 27, 2004
      Ged Haywood wrote:
      > Hi there,
      >
      > On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Matthew Avitable wrote:
      >

      >>This one has me stumped. After installing with clean tarballs of
      >>apache_1.3.29 and mod_perl-1.29 on a RedHat 9 box, I'm getting a
      >>segfault upon making a request.
      >

      > :(

      >> I'm not executing any perl handler at all - in fact, none are
      >> configured in my httpd.conf. I'm just requesting a file.

      That doesn't sound right. If you don't have perl handlers configured
      perl_header_parser won't kick in. Check your httpd.conf carefully.

      >>I searched the archives, and this one looked relatively close in comparison:
      >>http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=85025; search_string=apaci%201.29;guest=2149190&t=search_engine
      >

      > Yup, I remember that... :)
      >

      >>When I use this httpd, i get the segfault (details below). However,
      >>if change my Makefile.PL args to build httpd (add DO_HTTPD=1,
      >>APACHE_PREFIX=/data/httpd, AND remove PREP_HTTPD=1), and run make
      >>install from the mod_perl distribution directory, the resulting
      >>httpd works properly. Could this be an apache 'make' issue?
      >

      > I can confirm the behaviour, I reproduced it on a machine of mine too.
      > But I can't remember how this one was left. I thought Joachim was
      > happy in the end but I had an idea that Stas came up with a patch for
      > the makefile or something. Stas? Joachim?

      I've found another thread:
      It looks like Aaron Johson had a similar problem which has something to do
      with threaded-perl build or a bad precompiled perl... the original poster
      hasn't followed up whether he has solved it.