Re: Setting up 'local' perlhandlers

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 27, 2004
      > I also wouldn't mind installing an implementation of
      > Apache::ASP which they don't currently have installed
      > but told me that if I could get it to work locally, I
      > was welcome to do so.
      >
      > Now, I need to remember how to do that. I am assuming
      > it is going to be an .htaccess thing if their server
      > is even configured to let me do it at all, but rather
      > than spend hours prying through help files to find all
      > the 'just right' settings for what I am doing, I
      > thought maybe I would ask if anyone is familiar with
      > doing this kind of set up first.

      you can use a <Perl> section from within a .htaccess file. for an ensim
      installation of mine I use

      <Perl>
      use lib qw(/path/to/my/libs);
      </Perl>
      PerlFixupHandler My::Module

      be careful about the path, though - at least with ensim you need to specify
      a different path than what it looks like for you. that is, it may seem like
      /home/geoff/my/libs to you but to perl it's really
      /home/virtual_site392/home/geoff/my/libs.

      HTH