Re: bouncing a request back from a mod_perl script?

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 26, 2004
      Paul Tomsic wrote:
      > Is it possible to take a request object
      > (from a posted html form) and
      > bounce it to something else?
      > For instance, we've got a form that submits to a perl
      > script (running
      > under mod_perl)
      > We do something w/ the form data that's posted, but we
      > then need
      > access to that posted form content elsewhere (within a
      > java servlet).
      > Can we collect that original form post within the perl
      > script and
      > redirect it back to a java servlet as, essentially, a
      > new request to
      > the servlet?
      > Currently we're writing the request to a file as a
      > name/value pair property file, and redirecting to the
      > servlet w/ a querystring of the file's location.
      > this doesn't seem like the best way however.

      I'd take a look at the Apache::Request for Apache2, which now installs itself
      as a filter and can read the body and (I suppose could be made optionally to
      leave it there).

      > I've tried the following, but I seem to lose the
      > contents of the
      > request:
      >
      > package MyTest;
      >
      > use Apache::Constants qw(M_POST M_GET OK
      > SERVER_ERROR);
      > use HTTP::Request::Common qw(POST);
      > use LWP::UserAgent;

      the above 2 lines seem to be irrelevant.

      > use strict;
      >
      > sub handler {
      > my $r = shift;
      > my $content = $r->content;
      > $r->method("POST");
      > $r->method_number(M_POST);
      > $r->headers_in->unset("Content-length");
      > $r->args($content);
      > $r->internal_redirect_handler("/servlet/tester");
      > }
      > 1;
      >
      > it'll redirect back to the servlet named "tester"
      > okay, but the request obj is empty once it gets back
      > to my servlet.

      See:
      http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/snippets.html#Reusing_Data_from_POST_request