Re: mod_perl-1.28 and apache_1.3.28

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2004
      N L wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > I am working on Mac osx 10.2.8 (perl v-5.6.0) and I
      > try to install
      > these 2 applications but under Mod-perl I tried to do
      > "make" I got some error messages I really would like
      > to solve it. Here is the end of this message:
      [...]
      > m/Library/Perl/darwin/auto/DynaLoader/DynaLoader.a
      > -L/System/Library/Perl/darwi
      > /CORE -lperl -lm -lc
      > ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _regcomp
      > regex/libregex.a(regcomp.o) private external
      > definition of _regcomp in section
      > __TEXT,__text)
      > /usr/lib/libm.dylib(regcomp.So) definition of _regcomp
      > ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _regexec
      > regex/libregex.a(regexec.o) private external
      > definition of _regexec in section
      > __TEXT,__text)
      > /usr/lib/libm.dylib(regexec.So) definition of _regexec
      > ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _regfree
      > regex/libregex.a(regfree.o) private external
      > definition of _regfree in section
      > __TEXT,__text)
      > /usr/lib/libm.dylib(regfree.So) definition of _regfree
      > ld: Undefined symbols:
      > _actions_module
      > _include_module
      > _log_config_module
      > make[3]: *** [target_static] Error 1
      > make[2]: *** [build-std] Error 2
      > make[1]: *** [build] Error 2
      > make: *** [apaci_httpd] Error 2

      This has been reported several times already, but noone who uses macosx didn't
      post a fix. For example see:
      where Geoff has suggested:
      http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&m=106496098331505&w=2
      I don't know whether it helped to resolve the problem, as Harry never followed
      up on this issue.

      Are there any mailing lists/irc channels that macosx people hang out on? if
      there is such please ask them to help resolve the issue.