Re: Windows Binary of mod_perl2

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2004
      Maurice Height wrote:
      > Hi
      >
      > I am trying to install the latest mod_perl2 (v1.99_12) into Apache 2.0.48
      > and ActivePerl v5.8.2.808
      > on Win2K.
      >
      > Has a ppm of mod_perl v1.99_12 been released?
      >
      > A search of the ppm repository at
      > http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/cgi-bin/ppmserver?urn:/PPMServer58
      > returns:
      >
      > mod_perl [1.99_13-dev] Embed a Perl interpreter in the Apache/2.0.48
      > HTTP server
      >
      > but no v1.99_12.
      >
      > Is 1.99_13-dev OK to use?

      Should be OK, I'd guess (I'm not on WinFU). Randy keeps the cutting edge
      binary. May be it's a good idea to have the latest release binary as well.

    • Maurice Height
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2004
        Hi

        I am trying to install the latest mod_perl2 (v1.99_12) into Apache 2.0.48
        and ActivePerl v5.8.2.808
        on Win2K.

        Has a ppm of mod_perl v1.99_12 been released?

        A search of the ppm repository at
        http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/cgi-bin/ppmserver?urn:/PPMServer58
        returns:

        mod_perl [1.99_13-dev] Embed a Perl interpreter in the Apache/2.0.48
        HTTP server

        but no v1.99_12.

        Is 1.99_13-dev OK to use?

        Thanks for your time
        Maurice

      • Randy Kobes
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 12, 2004
          On Fri, 2 Jan 2004, Stas Bekman wrote:

          > Maurice Height wrote:
          > > Hi
          > >
          > > I am trying to install the latest mod_perl2 (v1.99_12)
          > > into Apache 2.0.48 and ActivePerl v5.8.2.808 on Win2K.
          > >
          > > Has a ppm of mod_perl v1.99_12 been released?
          > >
          > > A search of the ppm repository at
          > > http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/cgi-bin/ppmserver?urn:/PPMServer58
          > > returns:
          > >
          > > mod_perl [1.99_13-dev] Embed a Perl interpreter in the Apache/2.0.48
          > > HTTP server
          > >
          > > but no v1.99_12.
          > >
          > > Is 1.99_13-dev OK to use?
          >
          > Should be OK, I'd guess (I'm not on WinFU). Randy keeps the cutting edge
          > binary. May be it's a good idea to have the latest release binary as well.

          Sorry for the delay - I've just changed things around in
          our repository so that

          - mod_perl.ppd will be based on the latest CPAN mod_perl 2
          sources (currently 1.99_12);

          - mod_perl-dev.ppd will be based on the development sources
          available via cvs (currently 1.99_13-dev).

          Although the development version may contain bug fixes since
          the last CPAN release, it may also contain experimental
          features not yet fully tested. I'll update the development
          release periodically, but only when all (or essentially all)
          of the tests pass.

          Please let me know if you have any problems installing
          these. In particular, a problem with the post-install script
          used to install mod_perl.so to the Apache2/modules/
          directory I think is now fixed. Also, if within the last
          week or so you had problems when starting Apache with an
          error message that some procedure couldn't be found, I
          apologise - I used a later Perl to compile things which
          wasn't compatible with some earlier Perl versions; this
          should be fixed now.

          --
          best regards,
          randy kobes