Re: Error

  • Ged Haywood
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 2, 2003
      Hello there,

      On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, [iso-8859-1] Patricio Muñoz wrote:

      > When execute the script the result is fine [snip]

      :)

      No, the result was not fine...

      > The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration

      ...because this is part of the result. However you haven't given
      anything like enough information for us to help you. Please refer to
      the documentation on the mod_perl site for the information needed.

      73,
      Ged.

    • Jay R. Ashworth
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 2, 2003
        On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 12:17:08PM -0300, Patricio Muñoz wrote:
        > More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
        >
        > And error.log not display nothing

        If you're using virtual hosts, remember tha tyou have *2* error_logs to
        look in, one for the vhost, and the "master" log for the server,
        defined outside the vhost definitions in the config file.

        Cheers,
        -- jra
        --
        Jay R. Ashworth jra@...
        Member of the Technical Staff Baylink RFC 2100

        Come see Linux Gazette in our new home: www.linuxgazette.net!

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 2, 2003
          Patricio Muñoz wrote:
          > Hi,
          > When execute the script the result is fine, but the display the next
          > messages in the browser:

          > Hola Mundo
          >
          > OK
          > The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable
          > to complete your request.

          If you were so kind to complete to provide us all the information we always
          ask for as explained at http://perl.apache.org/bugs/ we could have been more
          helpful.

        • Patricio Muñoz
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 3, 2003
            > Patricio Muñoz wrote:
            > > Hi,
            > > When execute the script the result is fine, but the display the next
            > > messages in the browser:

            > > Hola Mundo
            > >
            > > OK
            > > The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was
            unable
            > > to complete your request.
            >
            > If you were so kind to complete to provide us all the information we
            always
            > ask for as explained at http://perl.apache.org/bugs/ we could have been
            more
            > helpful.

            Ups sorry, here more detail:

            in httpd.conf

            Alias /asp/ "D:/Apache/Apache2/asp/"
            <Perl>
            *CORE::GLOBAL::flock = sub { 1 };
            </Perl>
            PerlModule Apache::ASP
            <Directory "D:/Apache/Apache2/asp">
            Options Indexes MultiViews
            AllowOverride None
            Order allow,deny
            Allow from all
            <Files ~ (\.asp)>
            SetHandler perl-script
            PerlResponseHandler Apache::ASP
            PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
            PerlSetVar Global .
            PerlSetVar StateDir "D:/Apache/Apache2/asp/tmp"
            </Files>
            </Directory>

            The sample.asp receive 2 parameters with method post, parameter1 and
            parameter2

            <!--#include file=header.inc-->
            <%
            $form = $Request->Form();
            %>

            <form name="form" method="post">
            <input type="hidden" name="user" value=<%= $form->{parameter1} %>>
            <input type="hidden" name="pwd" value=<%= $form->{parameter2} %>>
            </form>
            <!--#include file=footer.inc-->

            The script work fine, but output browser is:
            Hola Mundo

            OK
            to complete your request.
            and error.log not display nothing

            PD: Detail Platform
            O.S. : Windows 98 SE
            Apache: 2.0.48 (Win32)
            Perl: 5.8.1
            mod_perl: 1.99_12-dev

            regards

          • Randy Kobes
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 3, 2003
              On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, [iso-8859-1] Patricio Muñoz wrote:

              > Alias /asp/ "D:/Apache/Apache2/asp/"
              > <Perl>
              > *CORE::GLOBAL::flock = sub { 1 };
              > </Perl>
              > PerlModule Apache::ASP
              > <Directory "D:/Apache/Apache2/asp">
              > Options Indexes MultiViews
              > AllowOverride None
              > Order allow,deny
              > Allow from all
              > <Files ~ (\.asp)>
              > SetHandler perl-script
              > PerlResponseHandler Apache::ASP
              > PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
              > PerlSetVar Global .
              > PerlSetVar StateDir "D:/Apache/Apache2/asp/tmp"
              > </Files>
              > </Directory>
              [ .. ]
              > The script work fine, but output browser is:
              > Hola Mundo
              >
              > OK
              > The server encountered an internal error or
              > misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

              Coincidentally, this was discussed about a week ago - the
              problem arises because Apache::ASP returns an explicit
              status of "200". Try the following - in
              D:\Path\to\your\Perl\site\lib\Apache\ASP.pm
              insert near the top
              use Apache::Const -compile => ':common';
              Then, around line 255, there is a subroutine called handler,
              with a line in it that says
              my $status = 200;
              Change this to
              my $status = Apache::OK;
              There may be other places that return explicit numerical
              codes that also may need changing, but this should fix
              the above problem for pages that return OK.

              --
              best regards,
              randy kobes

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 3, 2003
                > On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, [iso-8859-1] Patricio Muñoz wrote:
                >
                > > Alias /asp/ "D:/Apache/Apache2/asp/"
                > > <Perl>
                > > *CORE::GLOBAL::flock = sub { 1 };
                > > </Perl>
                > > PerlModule Apache::ASP
                > > <Directory "D:/Apache/Apache2/asp">
                > > Options Indexes MultiViews
                > > AllowOverride None
                > > Order allow,deny
                > > Allow from all
                > > <Files ~ (\.asp)>
                > > SetHandler perl-script
                > > PerlResponseHandler Apache::ASP
                > > PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
                > > PerlSetVar Global .
                > > PerlSetVar StateDir "D:/Apache/Apache2/asp/tmp"
                > > </Files>
                > > </Directory>
                > [ .. ]
                > > The script work fine, but output browser is:
                > > Hola Mundo
                > >
                > > OK
                > > The server encountered an internal error or
                > > misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
                >
                > Coincidentally, this was discussed about a week ago - the
                > problem arises because Apache::ASP returns an explicit
                > status of "200". Try the following - in
                > D:\Path\to\your\Perl\site\lib\Apache\ASP.pm
                > insert near the top
                > use Apache::Const -compile => ':common';
                > Then, around line 255, there is a subroutine called handler,
                > with a line in it that says
                > my $status = 200;
                > Change this to
                > my $status = Apache::OK;
                > There may be other places that return explicit numerical
                > codes that also may need changing, but this should fix
                > the above problem for pages that return OK.

                Thank's, change the options, now work fine :-)
                regards

                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 3, 2003
                  Josh, in case you've missed this thread, can you please fix it in ASP.pm? Thanks.

                  Randy Kobes wrote:

                  >>The script work fine, but output browser is:
                  >>-------------------------------------------
                  >>Hola Mundo
                  >>
                  >> OK
                  >>The server encountered an internal error or
                  >>misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
                  >>-------------------------------------------
                  >

                  > Coincidentally, this was discussed about a week ago - the
                  > problem arises because Apache::ASP returns an explicit
                  > status of "200". Try the following - in
                  > D:\Path\to\your\Perl\site\lib\Apache\ASP.pm
                  > insert near the top
                  > use Apache::Const -compile => ':common';
                  > Then, around line 255, there is a subroutine called handler,
                  > with a line in it that says
                  > my $status = 200;
                  > Change this to
                  > my $status = Apache::OK;
                  > There may be other places that return explicit numerical
                  > codes that also may need changing, but this should fix
                  > the above problem for pages that return OK.

                • Cure
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 25, 2005

                    error: Can't call method "fetch" on an undefined value at /usr/home/cwarner/www/html/test/cookie_test.html line 9.
                    context:
                    5: use Apache::Cookie;
                    6:
                    7: ##
                    8: my $cookie = Apache::Cookie->new($r);
                    9: my $cookie_id = $cookie->fetch;

                    <-- This use to work in mod_perl1. I'm currently using mod_perl2 and it doesn't work. :(

                    Using apache-2.0.54 + mod_perl2-2.0.0r3,1

                    Cure
                  • Maxim Sloyko
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 25, 2005
                      Cure wrote:

                      error: Can't call method "fetch" on an undefined value at /usr/home/cwarner/www/html/test/cookie_test.html line 9.
                      context:
                      5: use Apache::Cookie;
                      6:
                      7: ##
                      8: my $cookie = Apache::Cookie->new($r);
                      9: my $cookie_id = $cookie->fetch;

                      <-- This use to work in mod_perl1. I'm currently using mod_perl2 and it doesn't work. :(

                      Using apache-2.0.54 + mod_perl2-2.0.0r3,1

                      Cure
                      use Apache::Cookie::Jar (no need to "use" it in perlish way though, only Apache::Cookie) as this

                          my $j = Apache::Cookie::Jar->new($r);
                          my $id = $j->cookie("SESSION_ID")->value;

                      Hope this helps.

                      --
                      Maxim Sloyko