Error

  • Patricio Muñoz
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 2, 2003
      Hi,
      When execute the script the result is fine, but the display the next
      messages in the browser:

      Hola Mundo

      OK
      to complete your request.

      Please contact the server administrator, pmunoz@... and inform them of
      the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have
      caused the error.

      And error.log not display nothing

      regards

    • Ged Haywood
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 2, 2003
        Hello there,

        On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, [iso-8859-1] Patricio Muñoz wrote:

        > When execute the script the result is fine [snip]

        :)

        No, the result was not fine...

        > The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration

        ...because this is part of the result. However you haven't given
        anything like enough information for us to help you. Please refer to
        the documentation on the mod_perl site for the information needed.

        73,
        Ged.

      • Jay R. Ashworth
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 2, 2003
          On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 12:17:08PM -0300, Patricio Muñoz wrote:
          > More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
          >
          > And error.log not display nothing

          If you're using virtual hosts, remember tha tyou have *2* error_logs to
          look in, one for the vhost, and the "master" log for the server,
          defined outside the vhost definitions in the config file.

          Cheers,
          -- jra
          --
          Jay R. Ashworth jra@...
          Member of the Technical Staff Baylink RFC 2100

          Come see Linux Gazette in our new home: www.linuxgazette.net!

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 2, 2003
            Patricio Muñoz wrote:
            > Hi,
            > When execute the script the result is fine, but the display the next
            > messages in the browser:

            > Hola Mundo
            >
            > OK
            > The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable
            > to complete your request.

            If you were so kind to complete to provide us all the information we always
            ask for as explained at http://perl.apache.org/bugs/ we could have been more
            helpful.

          • Patricio Muñoz
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 3, 2003
              > Patricio Muñoz wrote:
              > > Hi,
              > > When execute the script the result is fine, but the display the next
              > > messages in the browser:

              > > Hola Mundo
              > >
              > > OK
              > > The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was
              unable
              > > to complete your request.
              >
              > If you were so kind to complete to provide us all the information we
              always
              > ask for as explained at http://perl.apache.org/bugs/ we could have been
              more
              > helpful.

              Ups sorry, here more detail:

              in httpd.conf

              Alias /asp/ "D:/Apache/Apache2/asp/"
              <Perl>
              *CORE::GLOBAL::flock = sub { 1 };
              </Perl>
              PerlModule Apache::ASP
              <Directory "D:/Apache/Apache2/asp">
              Options Indexes MultiViews
              AllowOverride None
              Order allow,deny
              Allow from all
              <Files ~ (\.asp)>
              SetHandler perl-script
              PerlResponseHandler Apache::ASP
              PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
              PerlSetVar Global .
              PerlSetVar StateDir "D:/Apache/Apache2/asp/tmp"
              </Files>
              </Directory>

              The sample.asp receive 2 parameters with method post, parameter1 and
              parameter2

              <!--#include file=header.inc-->
              <%
              $form = $Request->Form();
              %>

              <form name="form" method="post">
              <input type="hidden" name="user" value=<%= $form->{parameter1} %>>
              <input type="hidden" name="pwd" value=<%= $form->{parameter2} %>>
              </form>
              <!--#include file=footer.inc-->

              The script work fine, but output browser is:
              Hola Mundo

              OK
              to complete your request.
              and error.log not display nothing

              PD: Detail Platform
              O.S. : Windows 98 SE
              Apache: 2.0.48 (Win32)
              Perl: 5.8.1
              mod_perl: 1.99_12-dev

              regards

            • Randy Kobes
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 3, 2003
                On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, [iso-8859-1] Patricio Muñoz wrote:

                > Alias /asp/ "D:/Apache/Apache2/asp/"
                > <Perl>
                > *CORE::GLOBAL::flock = sub { 1 };
                > </Perl>
                > PerlModule Apache::ASP
                > <Directory "D:/Apache/Apache2/asp">
                > Options Indexes MultiViews
                > AllowOverride None
                > Order allow,deny
                > Allow from all
                > <Files ~ (\.asp)>
                > SetHandler perl-script
                > PerlResponseHandler Apache::ASP
                > PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
                > PerlSetVar Global .
                > PerlSetVar StateDir "D:/Apache/Apache2/asp/tmp"
                > </Files>
                > </Directory>
                [ .. ]
                > The script work fine, but output browser is:
                > Hola Mundo
                >
                > OK
                > The server encountered an internal error or
                > misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

                Coincidentally, this was discussed about a week ago - the
                problem arises because Apache::ASP returns an explicit
                status of "200". Try the following - in
                D:\Path\to\your\Perl\site\lib\Apache\ASP.pm
                insert near the top
                use Apache::Const -compile => ':common';
                Then, around line 255, there is a subroutine called handler,
                with a line in it that says
                my $status = 200;
                Change this to
                my $status = Apache::OK;
                There may be other places that return explicit numerical
                codes that also may need changing, but this should fix
                the above problem for pages that return OK.

                --
                best regards,
                randy kobes

                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 3, 2003
                  > On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, [iso-8859-1] Patricio Muñoz wrote:
                  >
                  > > Alias /asp/ "D:/Apache/Apache2/asp/"
                  > > <Perl>
                  > > *CORE::GLOBAL::flock = sub { 1 };
                  > > </Perl>
                  > > PerlModule Apache::ASP
                  > > <Directory "D:/Apache/Apache2/asp">
                  > > Options Indexes MultiViews
                  > > AllowOverride None
                  > > Order allow,deny
                  > > Allow from all
                  > > <Files ~ (\.asp)>
                  > > SetHandler perl-script
                  > > PerlResponseHandler Apache::ASP
                  > > PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
                  > > PerlSetVar Global .
                  > > PerlSetVar StateDir "D:/Apache/Apache2/asp/tmp"
                  > > </Files>
                  > > </Directory>
                  > [ .. ]
                  > > The script work fine, but output browser is:
                  > > Hola Mundo
                  > >
                  > > OK
                  > > The server encountered an internal error or
                  > > misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
                  >
                  > Coincidentally, this was discussed about a week ago - the
                  > problem arises because Apache::ASP returns an explicit
                  > status of "200". Try the following - in
                  > D:\Path\to\your\Perl\site\lib\Apache\ASP.pm
                  > insert near the top
                  > use Apache::Const -compile => ':common';
                  > Then, around line 255, there is a subroutine called handler,
                  > with a line in it that says
                  > my $status = 200;
                  > Change this to
                  > my $status = Apache::OK;
                  > There may be other places that return explicit numerical
                  > codes that also may need changing, but this should fix
                  > the above problem for pages that return OK.

                  Thank's, change the options, now work fine :-)
                  regards

                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 3, 2003
                    Josh, in case you've missed this thread, can you please fix it in ASP.pm? Thanks.

                    Randy Kobes wrote:

                    >>The script work fine, but output browser is:
                    >>-------------------------------------------
                    >>Hola Mundo
                    >>
                    >> OK
                    >>The server encountered an internal error or
                    >>misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
                    >>-------------------------------------------
                    >

                    > Coincidentally, this was discussed about a week ago - the
                    > problem arises because Apache::ASP returns an explicit
                    > status of "200". Try the following - in
                    > D:\Path\to\your\Perl\site\lib\Apache\ASP.pm
                    > insert near the top
                    > use Apache::Const -compile => ':common';
                    > Then, around line 255, there is a subroutine called handler,
                    > with a line in it that says
                    > my $status = 200;
                    > Change this to
                    > my $status = Apache::OK;
                    > There may be other places that return explicit numerical
                    > codes that also may need changing, but this should fix
                    > the above problem for pages that return OK.

                  • Cure
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 25, 2005

                      error: Can't call method "fetch" on an undefined value at /usr/home/cwarner/www/html/test/cookie_test.html line 9.
                      context:
                      5: use Apache::Cookie;
                      6:
                      7: ##
                      8: my $cookie = Apache::Cookie->new($r);
                      9: my $cookie_id = $cookie->fetch;

                      <-- This use to work in mod_perl1. I'm currently using mod_perl2 and it doesn't work. :(

                      Using apache-2.0.54 + mod_perl2-2.0.0r3,1

                      Cure
                    • Maxim Sloyko
                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 25, 2005
                        Cure wrote:

                        error: Can't call method "fetch" on an undefined value at /usr/home/cwarner/www/html/test/cookie_test.html line 9.
                        context:
                        5: use Apache::Cookie;
                        6:
                        7: ##
                        8: my $cookie = Apache::Cookie->new($r);
                        9: my $cookie_id = $cookie->fetch;

                        <-- This use to work in mod_perl1. I'm currently using mod_perl2 and it doesn't work. :(

                        Using apache-2.0.54 + mod_perl2-2.0.0r3,1

                        Cure
                        use Apache::Cookie::Jar (no need to "use" it in perlish way though, only Apache::Cookie) as this

                            my $j = Apache::Cookie::Jar->new($r);
                            my $id = $j->cookie("SESSION_ID")->value;

                        Hope this helps.

                        --
                        Maxim Sloyko