Re: mod_perl2, Apache::PageKit and $s->uid

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2003

      > Include yes, but how should it be coded.

      is apr_uid_current equivalent to the old s->server_uid/gid? if so, we could
      open up part of APR::User.

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 3, 2003
        Geoffrey Young wrote:

        >>Include yes, but how should it be coded.
        >

        > is apr_uid_current equivalent to the old s->server_uid/gid? if so, we could
        > open up part of APR::User.

        No, it's not. It gives you the same as perl's $< and $(.

        s->server_uid/gid give you the User/Group setting for that server. Therefore
        at the server startup, if running as 'root' and the setting is 'User nobody',
        you want to get this 'nobody' value, and not 'root'. $< and apr_uid_current
        will both give you root's uid.