[ANN] libapreq2-2.01-dev-rc1 release candidate #1

  • Joe Schaefer
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2003
      The first developer release of libapreq2 is underway. This
      package provides the Perl modules Apache::Request and
      Apache::Cookie for modperl-2, and requires the following:

      apache2 w/ mod_so: 2.0.46
      libapr: 0.9.4
      libaprutil: 0.9.4
      modperl2: 1.99_09
      perl: 5.6.1
      Apache::Test: 1.03
      ExtUtils::XSBuilder: 0.23

      Release Candidate #1 is at

      http://httpd.apache.org/~joes/libapreq2-2.01-dev-rc1.tar.gz

      Please give it a try and report any success/failures to the

      apreq-dev@...

      list. Thanks!

      @section v2_01_dev Changes with libapreq2-2.01-dev

      - October 26, 2003 - C API [joes]

      Incorporate libapreq_cgi into libapreq2 as the default environment,
      and add apreq_env_t and initializer apreq_env_module() to manage the
      environment at runtime (determining the environment at load-time
      was problematic on non-ELF systems).

      @section v2_0_0 Changes with libapreq2-2.00-dev

      - October 24, 2003 - C API: libapreq_cgi.c [randyk, joes]

      CGI environment defined by env/libapreq_cgi.c is functional
      (with tests added to env/t). This library may soon be incorporated
      directly into libapreq2 as a default enviroment.

      - October 23, 2003 - C API: mod_apreq.c [joes]

      Added ctx->saw_eos to ensure we don't read from upstream filters
      after receiving an eos bucket. Otherwise it was possible for
      two eos buckets to appear when a prefetch read is involved, which
      breaks other modules like mod_proxy. This bug was uncovered by
      Philippe Chiasson. mod_apreq's apreq_env_majic_number bumped to
      reflect the added fixes.

      - October 17, 2003 - configure: --enable-perl-glue [joes]

      The --enable-perl-glue option integrates the perl glue into the
      normal Unix build cycle. It is disabled by default, but is silently
      reenabled if the user configures the source tree via Makefile.PL.

      - October 14, 2003 - C API [joes]

      Added apreq_header_attribute() and fixed mfd parser to allow
      "charset" attribute to appear in the Content-Type header. Sven
      Geisler points out that Opera 7.20 does generate such headers.

      - October 14, 2003 - C API [joes]

      Added versioning API following http://apr.apache.org/versioning.html
      apreq_env renamed apreq_env_name, and apreq_env_magic_number added
      to provide versioning for environments (modules). The header files
      are now installed to "include/apreq2", and the library is renamed
      "libapreq2". Also added an apreq2-config script based on apu-config.

      - October 8, 2003 - configure: static mod_apreq.c [Bojan Smojver, joes]

      Add --with-apache2-src configure option, along with --with-apr-config
      and --with-apu-config, and provide support for compiling mod_apreq
      into httpd as a static apache module.

      - October 1, 2003 - C API: mod_apreq.c [joes]

      Support for internal redirects added to the mod_apreq filter.
      This ensures any POST data prefetched in the main request
      gets passed along to the subrequest handler(s).

      - July 18, 2003 - C bugfix: apreq_decode [Graham Clark]

      If the source and destination strings are represented by the same
      pointer - e.g. if called as apreq_unescape(s) - string s is modified
      incorrectly in general. Patch includes new unit test.

      - July 16, 2003 - Perl API [joes]

      Added $req->parse, $req->status, & "preparse" logic
      to $req->param & $req->upload.

      - July 16, 2003 - C API [joes]

      Added "preparse" logic to apreq_params & apreq_uploads
      to bring behavior in line with libapreq-1.x.

      - July 15, 2003 - C API [joes]

      Dropped param->charset.
      Make apreq_brigade_concat public, so mod_apreq can use it
      for its ctx->spool brigade.

      - July 14, 2003 - Documentation [joes]

      Updated Cookie_pod to reflect API changes over v1.X.

      - June 30, 2003 - Documentation [joes]

      Added doxygen links to Apache::Request and Apache::Cookie
      perl docs.

      - June 30, 2003 - C API [joes]

      Added apreq_copy_brigade(bb) to apreq.h.

      - June 27, 2003 - C API [joes]

      The new filter-based design required a complete
      departure from libapreq-1.X codebase. libapreq-2
      is based solely on APR, and to be fully functional,
      requires a supporting environment similar to Apache-2.
      A person wishing to port libapreq-2 to a new environment
      needs to provide definitions for the declarations in apreq_env.h.

      - June 27, 2003 - Perl API [joes]

      Aggregates are always collected into an APR::Table-based package.
      New table packages: Apache::Cookie::Table, Apache::Request::Table,
      and Apache::Upload::Table.

      - June 27, 2003 - Perl API [joes]

      Apache::Cookie->fetch now requires an "environment" argument ($r).
      Its return value is blessed into the Apache::Cookie::Jar class.

      - June 27, 2003 - Perl API [joes]

      Two new request lookup functions:
      -# $req->args - param lookup using only the query string
      -# $req->body - param lookup using only the POST data

    • Randy Kobes
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 4, 2003
        On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Joe Schaefer wrote:

        > The first developer release of libapreq2 is underway. This
        > package provides the Perl modules Apache::Request and
        > Apache::Cookie for modperl-2, and requires the following:
        >
        > apache2 w/ mod_so: 2.0.46
        > libapr: 0.9.4
        > libaprutil: 0.9.4
        > modperl2: 1.99_09
        > perl: 5.6.1
        > Apache::Test: 1.03
        > ExtUtils::XSBuilder: 0.23
        >
        > Release Candidate #1 is at
        >
        > http://httpd.apache.org/~joes/libapreq2-2.01-dev-rc1.tar.gz
        >
        > Please give it a try and report any success/failures to the
        >
        > apreq-dev@...
        >
        > list. Thanks!

        For ActivePerl Win32 users, I've made up a ppm package of
        this, which you can install as
        C:\> ppm install http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/libapreq2.ppd
        or, from within the ppm shell, as
        ppm> install libapreq2
        by adding the repository
        http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/cgi-bin/ppmserver?urn:/PPMServer58

        As this requires mod_perl 2, ActivePerl 8xx is necessary. A
        post-install script should be run after installation,
        offering to fetch and install the required libapreq2.dll and
        mod_apreq.so. If this fails, you can get these at
        http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/x86/

        --
        best regards,
        randy kobes